Sunday 12 February 2012

Selfishness

Done with the filming for my iMedia fashion advert project! On the down side, a lot of the clips turned out to be really unclear and pixelated after I uploaded it onto iMovie. D: My 'best friend' also took all of the clips I filmed as well. So freakin' annoying. It's even more annoying that I'm the type of person who just can't say no. I made a rant on TinierMe about how demanding and selfish she was being. I'll post it here:
Okay, so two of my friends are coming over to my house tomorrow to film a fashion advert. I'll just call them Girl A and Girl B here.

At first, just Girl B and I were going to film each other, but I invited Girl A because she said she didn't know what to do, where to film, who to film, etc. Big mistake. Girl A is now being SO FREAKING SELFISH. D:<

First, Girl A wanted me to be the model in her advert. Sure, alright. Then Girl A wanted me to ask Girl B is she could also film her. Sure, that's fine too. I'll ask. Then Girl A wanted me to play the role of the "ugly girl". That's okay. I don't mind. I'd feel bad for Girl B if she was made to play that role. I can make a small 'sacrifice' (if you can put it that way) for Girl B because she's a good friend, so I'm willing to accept the 'bad' roles instead of forcing her to do it.

Then Girl A wanted to borrow my camera to film. Okay then. Girl A suddenly said on Friday that she wanted to film the next day so I didn't have enough time to tell Girl B, and we agreed to film each other (Girl B was my original model). But then Girl A refused to put on makeup or dress up to improve her presentation, even when I offered to do the makeup for her. When I told my mom about this, she got angry and said that Girl A was being really unreasonable, so I decided to cancel it (so Girl B could come next time).

Then Girl A blamed me because she got told off by the teacher for not having filmed her advert yet (I got told off too, except that I didn't spaz over it -_-). In a way, it was technically my fault so I didn't rage at her.

Then she wanted to borrow my laptop to edit her advert because she didn't have a movie-making software at home. Starting to cross the line a bit here (I hate having non-family members use my laptop - it has lots of personal pictures on there and stuff), but I guess it's still sort of my fault because we're handing in our adverts right after a week of holidays (starting today), so she can't use the movie editing software at school.
Even though she could have downloaded another movie-editing programme.

The three of us originally agreed that we'd first start filming a scene from mine, then a scene from Girl B's, then a scene from Girl A's, then repeat. The sun sets quickly in the winter, so it would've been unfair for the last person if we had filmed each person's advert one by one. Then Girl A decided that she wanted us to finish filming her advert first, so she can use the rest of the time to edit her video on my laptop while Girl B and I were filming ours. Earlier on the week, she even wanted us to do her advert first, then for me and Girl B to arrange another session to film ours (so Girl A didn't need to come).

...

ISN'T THAT JUST SO PLAIN RUDE AND SELFISH?

I invited Girl A so we can film our adverts together, not so that she can use us and carry on with her own crap when she's done. Sure, it's true that she's not playing a role in me and Girl B's adverts, but this doesn't mean she can just barge into my home and start using my laptop like she owned it. Then she kept saying, "WHAT'S YOUR MOVIE-EDITING PROGRAMME CALLED? DOES IT HAVE TRANSITION EFFECTS? DOES IT SHOW HOW LONG EACH CLIP IS? CAN IT DO THIS AND THAT? GO HOME TODAY AND CHECK. DO YOU HAVE ANY UGLY CLOTHES? I'M NOT SAYING THAT YOU'RE UGLY LOL. UGLY CLOTHES LIKE THE KIND OF JEANS THAT HAVE STRAIGHT SIDES, NOT THE SKINNY ONES. DO YOU HAVE A LONG TOP? YOU SHOULD WEAR THE LONG TOP WITH THE STRAIGHT JEANS BECAUSE IT WOULD LOOK BAD. ARE THEY IN CLASHING COLOURS?"

I don't know if she's doing it on purpose (she probably didn't, but still), but once I wore straight jeans with a long top. I didn't know that it was considered as "ugly clothes". :I
There. As you've probably realised, Girl A is my 'best friend'. Here's another diary entry with a continuation of what happened:
Turned out that Girl A didn't use my laptop (only because I told her that it doesn't convert the video into AVI format). She did use my camera though and suggested that the three of us should share the videos we filmed. Unfortunately, Girl B agreed so we went with Girl A's suggestion, but I thought it was the worst idea ever. I don't get why Girl B agreed because this would benefit ONLY Girl A, since my teacher said we're not supposed to feature in our own adverts (we must be modeling for someone else's). D:

I don't want someone to take credit for my filming. I'm not great at filming or anything, but I did come up with the poses for my model Girl B and filmed from effective camera angles. I'm fine with Girl B using some of my clips because she contributed to my project after all, but Girl A didn't do a single thing. >:O She did film one scene in which I was blowing Girl B's hair with a hairdryer but she filmed it really badly, so I had to re-film it myself with the camera in one hand and the hairdryer in another.
-__- I camwhored a bit after they left to cheer myself up, but I think my makeup sort of got smudged and made me look panda-eyed.


This looks very different from my past photos - I went for a more mature/sophisticated look instead of a cutesy style. :D I've taken more photos, but this is the only one out of two that I've edited so far (the other one I uploaded as my Facebook picture, so I don't want people I know in real life to trace the picture to this blog /paranoid).

Also, half-term holiday has started, so no school for a week! Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Woah... she is one selfish pancake! Good thing you're not saying bad things straight to her because if I was you, I could have gone insane by now. :| maybe...

    I love that picture BTW! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of wish I could tell it to her face though, then she'd know how I really feel about this. :c

      And thank you! :'D

      Delete